If you love soft, fluffy muffins then you're going to love these Blackberry Buttermilk Muffins. Juicy blackberries with a streusel topping o the muffin tops that has such a nice crunch. One of our family's favorite muffin recipes!
2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 and 1/2 blackberries, divided
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter, softened at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, then add in cooled, melted butter, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Gently stir in 1 cup of blackberries. (reserving other 1/2 cup for muffin tops)
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin tins.
- For streusel topping, in a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, all purpose flour, cinnamon and softened butter. Combine by hand or by using a pastry blender.
- Sprinkle streusel on muffin tops.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 17 to 20 minutes until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Store cooled muffins in airtight container for up to three days.
Cooled muffins may be frozen in an airtight container for up to two months. Thaw completely at room temperature before serving. When freezing extra muffins, you can also wrap them individually in two layers of plastic wrap.
- For 1 cup of buttermilk, put 1 tbsp. lemon juice or white vinegar into measuring cup. Add enough liquid to fill to the 1 cup measuring line. Stir. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blackberry Buttermilk Muffins