Italian bread crumbs and fresh or dried Italian herbs give these Crispy Sweet Potato Wedges a flavour that will have you coming back for more. Great as an appetizer or side dish!
2 large sweet potatoes (1 lb.)
1 egg, beaten
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. water
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (Italian flavoured)
1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. fresh basil and oregano
1 TSP. each basil and oregano
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into wedges lengthwise, all should be similar in size.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together egg and minced garlic with 1 tbsp. water
3. Add potatoes and mix to cover the sweet potatoes with the egg mixture.
4. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano.
5. Toss potato wedges again to coat with egg mixture then add immediately to the bread crumb mix.
6. Roll potato wedges in mixture to coat well, press the potatoes by hand into the mixture to ensure a good even coating.
7. Bake at 425F on greased baking sheet for 15 minutes.
8. Turn wedges then bake for another 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 323.3 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 53.7 mg
Keywords: crispy sweet potato wedges