A soft crust swirled in a brown sugar filling with pecans, raisins and cinnamon in this tasty Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread Recipe. Enjoy it warm from the oven or for French toast the next morning for breakfast!
This Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread has lazy weekend written all over it. This bread is delicious on its own or with a light spread of butter on it. Absolutely delicious when its warm and fresh from the oven! The aroma is heavenly.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- is there anything better than the smell of fresh bread in the oven? Fresh bread with cinnamon! The aroma alone is worth the work in this recipe. It's an easy recipe that even a beginner baker could manage with no problem!
- delicious flavours with cinnamon, raisins and pecans
- if you're lucky enough to have any leftover, it toasts up beautifully or you can indulge and make French toast.
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- quick-rising instant yeast
- milk - I use 1% or you can use 2% or whole milk
- eggs - at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before you begin the recipe.
- brown sugar - I usually use light brown sugar in this recipe or you can use the dark brown sugar
- pecan - or substitute with walnuts
- raisins - dark Thompson or golden raisins
- powdered sugar
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Since you are using instant yeast, the bread will only need a quick ten-minute rest. During that time you can mix up the filling and tidy up the mess.
The dough is then rolled out into a rectangle, spread with butter and topped with a brown sugar filling that is loaded with chopped pecans, raisin and cinnamon.
Next, roll it up on the long side, pinch the edges to seal and let it rise for an hour.
The loaf bakes for around 35 minutes and needs just a little cooling before you dust it lightly with some powdered sugar.
I recommend eating it on the first day. It's tasty on the second day, but definitely to-die-for still warm from the oven. As I mentioned earlier, this bread is superb for Cinnamon Swirl Bread French toast!
My boys went absolutely nuts over it the next morning. I sliced four thick slices and dipped them into beaten eggs and cooked it in the griddle for about two minutes per side.
STORAGE & FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS
Wrap it in plastic wrap to store at room temperature for up to three days.
This bread can be frozen for up to 1 month by wrapping cooled bread in plastic wrap, then foil and placing in the freezer.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please take a moment to comment below and give it a five-star recipe rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print
This post was originally published December, 2020 and updated July, 2021 to add images and update the text.