Bursting with flavours, this easy-to-make recipe will soon become one of your favourites.
1 and a half pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lime juice
1-1/2 tsp. lime zest
1 tbsp. honey or brown sugar
1 and 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Finely chop cilantro and garlic by hand or in small food processor.
- In a glass bowl, mix chopped cilantro, garlic, olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, lime zest, honey, cumin, teriyaki sauce. Mix well.
- Pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts to 3/4" thickness.
- Place chicken breasts in glass container with marinade and turn over several times to coat the chicken.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place in frying pan.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, brush with reserved marinade throughout cooking time.
- use fresh limes
- if using frozen chicken breasts, be sure to pat dry before adding to marinade
- if you're not a fan of cilantro, you can easily substitute Italian parsley
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 240.4 mg
- Fat: 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 39.4 g
- Cholesterol: 124.1 mg
Keywords: Chicken, Dinner Recipe, BBQ Recipe