These jumbo, bakery style Chewy Double Chocolate Coffee Cookies are delicious!! Coffee lovers will love these cookies, with coffee flavor in every bite. Delcious with a cup of, you guessed it, coffee!
When you are looking for a coffee cookies recipe, you want something that really says 'coffee' when you bite into it - am I right?
These espresso cookie have a robust coffee flavor, gooey chocolate, chocolate chips and pecans. We think they're the best coffee cookie ever! We made them jumbo, bakery-style but you can certainly size them down to a smaller cookie.
- Semisweet chocolate chips - you could also substitute chocolate chunks for the chocolate chips that are added into the batter.
- Unsweetened baking chocolate
- Unsalted butter
- Instant coffee granules or instant espresso powder
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Eggs - use large eggs at room temperature. Take them out of the refigerator 30 to 60 minutes before starting the recipe.
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar - I use light brown sugar in this recipe, or you can substitute dark brown sugar as well.
- Chopped pecans - you could also substitute walnuts in this recipe.
- White chocolate chips - we like to press a few white chocolate chips into the top of each cookie. It's optional but looks nice and they're so tasty!
Step by Step Instructions
You can find a full recipe card with ingredients and instructions at the bottom of the page. Below, I've included a few photos of how the recipe will look as you work through the step by step instructions.
Preheat oven to 350*F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In medium saucepan over low heat, melt 2 and ⅔ cups dark chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate and butter, stirring often.
Set aside and cool for a few minutes.
In a separate, small bowl, stir together vanilla extract and coffee powder just until dissolved. Set aside.
In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, or bowl from stand mixer, beat eggs, granulated sugar and brown sugar for seven minutes.
Add coffee and vanilla mixture to the egg mixture, stirring just until combined.
Next, stir in the chocolate mixture and mix well, then stir in flour mixture, just until combined.
Stir in remaining (2 cups) chocolate chips and pecans,with a wooden spoon, being careful not to overmix. If desired, set aside ¼ cup of pecan to press into tops of cookies before baking.
For jumbo-sized cookies (4 to 5-inch), drop ⅓ cup batter onto parchment lined baking sheet, 4 cookies to a sheet. Space evenly, since the cookies will spread.
If desired, press a few pecans and white chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
Bake in 350°F preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Cookies will still be soft in the middle and edges will be set.
Cool on cookie sheet for five minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool. (You will need a large spatula for this task)!