Soft and chewy, these easy homemade-from-scratch Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies stay soft the next day. Perfect with a tall glass of milk.
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 and 1/4 cups butterscotch chips (full package for the size I like to use)
1/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla mixing for one minute.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and chocolate chips (if using).
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls or 1/4 cup size depending what size cookie you would like. I made 18 large cookies with a large cookie scoop in the photos seen in this post.
- These cookies will spread a little. If you don't want them to spread, chill them in the refrigerator on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before baking. (the ones in the photo are not chilled)
- Bake in 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will appear slightly underdone - that is the perfect time to pull them out of the oven!
- Let them cool for one minute on the baking sheet, then carefully move them to a wire rack to cool.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to one week.
These cookies will freeze well by placing them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw at room temperature before eating.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 large cookie
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 19.9 g
- Sodium: 147.6 mg
- Fat: 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.9 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 47.8 mg
Keywords: Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies