Soft and chewy, these Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to make and loaded with flavour. A great weekend baking project!
We LOVE cookies. Have you tried my Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe yet? Well, it's very different than this one. This recipe is a flatter, softer cookie filled with butterscotch flavours.
I like to make BIG cookies for this recipe. This makes the recipe super quick to bake and they remind me of the bakery-style cookies.
If you make the larger-sized cookies, you will have about 18 delicious cookies or 30-36 of the smaller ones.
Let's get to making this recipe!
Ingredients and tips
- Butter and eggs should be at room temperature. Take them both out of the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before baking. Lately, my kitchen has been quite cool as we have had sub-zero temperature for weeks. If that's the case, you may need to beat it a little more for the first step.
- I use a full package of butterscotch chips and like to add ⅓ cup of chocolate chips mixed into the batter. It's optional, but pairs really well with the butterscotch!
How to make this recipe
- I like to use a stand mixer for this recipe, but you can also you a hand mixer, or if you're feeling energetic mix them by hand!
- This recipe is so quick to put together! Start by creaming butter and both sugars, then adding in the eggs and vanilla.
- Dry ingredients get mixed together, then added to the butter mixture.
- Lastly, throw in those tasty butterscotch (and chocolate, if using) chips and stir.
- Ready to drop onto an ungreased baking sheet. I like to use a Silpat baking mat, but often use parchment paper as well. Makes for easy clean up and consistency in the baking.
- These cookies are baked in a 350F oven for 10-13 minutes depending on which size you like to make. As I mentioned earlier, we like em' big 🙂