Creamy and cheesy this cauliflower soup is super easy to m make and is delicious. Basic ingredients make this a simple family soup recipe for a busy day.
4 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 medium head of cauliflower
5 cups chicken stock
1 and 1/2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
1/4 cup cream
1/8 tsp. salt
Freshly ground pepper
1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt 3 tbsp. of butter over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring often for 6-7 minutes or until onion has softened.
3. Add 1 tbsp. butter and chopped cauliflower and cook over medium heat, stirring often for 10 minutes.
4. Add 5 cups of chicken stock and gradually bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and cook over low-medium heat for 20 minutes. (cauliflower should be very tender)
6. Carefully transfer soup mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
7. Transfer soup mixture back to the cooking pot and heat soup over low-medium heat.
8. Gradually add in the cream in slow, steady stream stirring constantly.
9. Add in grated cheddar, 1/2 cup at a time, scattering to cover all areas. (Do not just drop it into one area).
10. Continue to stir for another 2 minutes.
11. Soup is best served hot.
Leftover soup may be stored, covered in the refrigerator for up three to four days.. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat or in microwave oven.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 and 1/2 cups
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 594.9 mg
- Fat: 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 15.7 g
- Cholesterol: 64.7 mg
Keywords: soup, cauliflower