Super moist and super delicious! Banana muffins level up with a swirl of our favourite Nutella. These Banana Nutella Muffins are delicious with a tall glass of milk and make the ideal breakfast snack!
These muffins were planned numerous times and every time I opened the jar of Nutella, it was almost empty. The teenagers are slathering it on flour tortillas with peanut butter in the morning. I bought a family-sized jar and tucked it away.
Although, our boys are the big Nutella fans in our house, I must say that I absolutely LOVED these muffins. I usually enjoy a Raspberry Oatmeal Muffin but these were irresistible! Moist and fluffy and the addition of Nutella to my existing Banana Muffin recipe made them puff up so nicely in the tins!
YOU'LL LOVE THESE MUFFINS!
- basic pantry ingredients - well, Nutella is a pantry ingredient at our house and you might have to pick that up at the grocery store but they are worth the trip! Use up those ripe bananas!
- No mixer required - you can mix these up by hand in a mixing bowl.
- Soft, fluffy and moist muffins that stay as delicious the next day.
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Greek yogurt may be substituted with sour cream.
- Butter & eggs should be at room temperature 30-60 minutes before you start the recipe.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line a muffin baking tin with paper liners. (I almost always just grease the muffin tin)
If you're using paper liners, you will still need to grease the top of the muffin tin because these muffins puff up and spread to create a beautiful muffin top.In a large mixing bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
In a separate mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and one egg. Beat in second egg.
Peel bananas and mash on plate with a fork.
Stir in Greek yogurt and mashed bananas.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
Heat Nutella in microwave for about 30 seconds to make it easier to spread in the muffins.
Divide muffin batter into 12 greased muffin tins, then top with 1-2 tsp. of Nutella.
Use a wooden toothpick or skewer to swirl the Nutella with the batter.
I added a few banana slices on top using fresh bananas. (optional)
Bake in 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy them warm or at room temperature. They are delicious with a tall glass of milk or a cup of coffee.
STORAGE & FREEZING
Cool muffins completely and store in a covered container or zippered bag at room temperature. They will remain fresh for a few days. Pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up and they will taste like they just came out of the oven.
These muffins freeze well. Cool them completely, then wrap in foil or freezer-safe wrap or place in a zippered bag. Thaw for two hours at room temperature before eating.
- take butter and eggs out of the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before baking so that they will be at room temperature when you begin.
- purchase an oven thermometer to ensure accurate oven temperature.
- do not over mix the batter when adding ingredients. Unless directed, always stir just until combined.
- grease the top of the muffin tin as well. These muffins will puff up beautifully to the top of the tin and greasing will make them easier to remove from the tin.
All ingredients should be at room temperature. Take them out of the fridge a half hour to 1 hour before baking. Use the freshest ingredients and check expiration dates on baking powder.
Yes. The texture and sweetness of the recipe will change significantly. For best results, use banana that are streaked dark brown and soft to the touch. They should show no signs of mold or rotting!
Use an oven thermometer to ensure that your oven temperature is correct. Do not over bake the muffins. Place the muffin tin on a rack in the centre of the oven and check them five minutes before the end of the cooking time. Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for just a few minutes and move immediately to a cooling rack.
Let me know in the comments below if you make this recipe and give it a star rating! I’d love to hear what you think about it. Thank you for being here, I appreciate it!Print