Filled with melty chocolate chips and moist with bananas, these are a great way to use up those ripe bananas - we knew that you let them ripen so you could make this recipe.
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup milk
4 ripe bananas, mashed
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, beat egg, then add in oil, milk and mashed bananas
- Pour into the well with dry ingredients.
- Stir only to moisten with as few strokes as possible. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool for one minute then remove and place on wire rack.
- Enjoy warm from the oven.
You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks in this recipe.
STORAGE & FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS:
Cool muffins completely and store in a covered container or zippered bag at room temperature. They will remain fresh for a few days. Pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up and enjoy those melty chocolate chips.
These muffins freeze well. Cool them completely, then wrap in foil or freezer-safe wrap or place in a zippered bag. Thaw for two hours at room temperature before eating.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast and Brunch
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 107.9 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.7 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 15.6 mg
Keywords: banana chocolate chip muffins