You're going to love this easy recipe for Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders! Boneless, skinless chicken breast are breaded and baked, then smothered in delicious apple butter barbecue sauce.
4 (approximately 2 lbs.)boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
1 and 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup apple butter
Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place a baking rack in the bottom of a baking sheet or lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil. This will stop the chicken from sticking.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together apple butter and barbecue sauce.
- Place all-purpose flour in a small bowl.
- Working with one strip at a time, place chicken strip in flour and coat completely. You can do this by hand or use a spoon to toss the flour onto the chicken.
- Next, dip the floured chicken into the egg wash followed by the parmesan breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes, turning over once halfway through.
- Transfer the chicken strips to a large bowl. Pour over the barbecue sauce mixture.
- Gently toss the chicken strips in the sauce until they are completely coated with sauce.
- Transfer chicken back to baking sheet and brush with remaining sauce.
- Cook for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. (sauce will thicken on the chicken).
- Remove from oven and check to ensure that chicken is completely cooked and no longer pink inside.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- Storage - store leftover chicken tenders in a covered container in refrigerator for up to two days.
- If you don't have apple butter, you can substitute it for additional barbecue sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinnner
- Method: Oven baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving (approximately 5 to 6 chicken tenders)
- Calories: 581
- Sugar: 36.9 g
- Sodium: 770.8 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 78.3 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 44.3 g
- Cholesterol: 146.1 mg
Keywords: chicken tenders, easy dinner recipe