Fresh squeezed lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, and more! These kabobs had me at 'hello'. You will love these because you can make them quickly or let them marinate overnight. So versatile - serve with fresh salad or rice and roasted potatoes or on a beautiful bed of lettuce and salad fixins. In a pita -helllllo.
Do you have a Cooking Playlist?
I made these Amazing Chicken Kabobs on Friday night and they are so good that they made an encore performance two days later. A staple in our house and my husband Tim's favourite dinner - and one of mine too. The kids love to throw them in a pita.
Friday night was going to be a quick grilled cheese or tomato sandwich then the urge to cook up some kabobs struck. The are so quick and easy to make! Then, I got my wireless headphones on (best Christmas present EVER).
I'm very picky about my cook-and-dance-in-the-kitchen music and I'm sure the food tastes better when I cook it with good music playing simultaneously.
So, the Friday night play list during my magical 'I'm not hearing any Fortnite hour" was:
- Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
- Queen - Having A Good Time
- Topsider - Dancing in the Moonlight - a fave of mine
- Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack
And THAT is the difference between a recipe being called 'Good' Chicken Kabobs and 'Amazing'. Music heals the soul. Play on.
Please if you make these Amazing Kabobs, I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments below or tag me on Instagram with pics at #shesnotcookin
Tips for Making Amazing Chicken Kabobs
- If you're missing a specific ingredient, no worries. This recipe lends itself to a lot of variations. Herbs can be fresh or dried. If you don't like garlic, leave it out and it will still be amazing.
- You can cook the kabobs on a grill or frying pan on the stove. Cook until 165F internal temperature.
- If you're using a grill and using wooden skewers, then soak them in water for about 15 minutes to prevent burning.
- Marinate at least 15 minutes or overnight.
Amazing Chicken Kabobs with Rainbow Salad
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Dijon, lemon juice, garlic, herbs blended in a marinade make this a quick and easy family dinner.
4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 lbs)
½ onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp. dijon mustard
4 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. dried or fresh chopped oregano
1 tsp. paprika
6 cups romaine lettuce, torn
1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
4 cups chopped strawberries
2 avocados, sliced
½ red onion, chopped
1. For marinade: In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the chicken.
2. Chop chicken into 1 and a half inch cubes.
3. Add chicken to marinade. Chill at least 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
4. Thread skewers with chicken. (add onions and veggies of choice alternating with chicken, if desired)
5. Grill or pan fry over medium high heat until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165F
Assemble salad on individual dinner plates starting with romaine lettuce then topping with veggies and top with chicken. Serve with dressing of choice.
¼ cup bacon bits optional to toss with salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop or Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 747
- Sugar: 10.9 g
- Sodium: 432.7 mg
- Fat: 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.2 g
- Fiber: 14.3 g
- Protein: 67.3 g
- Cholesterol: 198.6 mg
Keywords: Chicken Kabobs
This was Larry's and my favourite when we came for dinner and of course Larry would bring you a bottle of wine. Always guaranteed a delicious meal with you, Tim, Troy and Austin
Jackie, that brings back many wonderful memories and Larry's chicken on the bbq was MY favourite.
Delicious! The marinade is very tasty.
Thanks Suzanne! I'm happy to hear that! 🙂
These were delicious. We loved having them with your greek potatoes and salad for a terrific greek dinner at home!!