You're going to love these Peanut Butter Almond Flour Cookies with crunchy edges and chewy centres. You can enjoy them plain or add chocolate chips to them. With just a few simple ingredients this is one of those cookie recipes that you're going to want to have on repeat!
These cookies are so tasty! Honestly, you are not going to miss the all purpose flour one bit! I tested this recipe several times until it was perfect.
My goal was to adapt my traditional peanut butter cookies recipe to a peanut butter cookie with almond flour.
They are delicious with or without chocolate chips. I reduced the white sugar just a little from my other recipe and it still satisfies your sweet tooth and is perfect with a glass of milk!
I was a bit sneaky and had the teenagers test them without telling them I had used almond flour and no one noticed!! The texture is amazing and you've just gotta try these cookies!
why you'll love this recipe
- simple ingredients
- no fancy equipment needed. You can mix these cookies entirely by hand or use a mixer.
- makes a small batch of 24 delicious cookies the you can freeze well for later. Peanut butter lovers will love these cookies and they are really quick and easy to make!
The full recipe card and instructions is listed at the bottom of this page.
- creamy peanut butter - I do not recommend natural peanut butter in this recipe. It will change the texture completely.
- almond flour - be certain that you are using almond flour and not almond meal. They are completely different products and will results in different texture. This one of the main ingredients, after peanut butter. I like to use Bob's Red Mill brand but you can use any brand.
- brown sugar - light brown sugar is recommended in this recipe.
- white sugar - you can replace the white sugar with coconut sugar.
- chocolate chips -use your favourite type of chocolate chip with his recipe. I like to use either dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- vanilla extract - pure vanilla extract will give you the best flavour in this recipe. You can also use artificial extract if that is what you typically use in baking recipes.
- egg - large egg at room temperature.
- baking soda
- salted butter - at room temperature. If using unsalted butter, I recommend adding ¼ tsp. of salt to the first set of ingredients in mixing bowl.
step by step instructions
I like to mix this recipe entirely by hand because it is a small batch and quick and easy to make. You can also use an electric mixer or stand mixer.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, or bowl of stand mixer, combine egg, vanilla, peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and baking soda. Stir until well combined.
Add almond flour to mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips, reserving a few to press on top of the cookies before baking.
Using a cookie scoop, drop cookies onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, 12 per sheet. Press a few of the reserved chocolate chips into the top of the cookie for that bakery-style appearance.
Chill dough on baking sheets in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can chill the dough for 15 minutes, then scoop out the cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
If you are omitting the chocolate chips from this recipe, you can use a floured fork to press a criss-cross pattern on top of each cookie by pressing down lightly.
Bake cookies one sheet at a time in 350°F oven for 13 minutes until light golden brown.
Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire cooling rack.
I hope you enjoyed this peanut butter cookie recipe as much as we did! Serve these chewy cookies with a tall glass of milk, coffee or tea!
storage and freezing instructions
Store cooled cookies in an airtight container or cookie jar for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
These cookies freeze very well in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
other cookie recipes you might enjoy
I would love it if you left a comment about this recipe below! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print
Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 24
You will not miss the flour at all in these delicious cookies! Soft and chewy with slightly crunchy edges, these cookies are delicious, warm from the oven or cooled later with a tall glass of milk or cup of coffee or tea.
2 and ½ cups almond flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup salted butter, room temperature
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup smooth peanut butter
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer, combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg, vanilla and baking soda. Stir until well combined.
- Add in almond flour and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, reserving a few for the top of each cookie. (optional)
- Using a cookie scoop, drop cookies onto prepared baking sheet, 12 per sheet. Press a few of the reserved chocolate chips into the top of each cookie ball of dough.
- Chill dough on baking sheets in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can chill the dough for 15 minutes before scooping out the dough balls onto the baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a tie in 350°F oven for 13 minutes until light golden brown.
- Allow cooking fool cool on baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to wire cooling racks.
- If you are omitting the chocolate chips from this recipe, you can use a floured fork to press a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie by pressing down lightly following step 5 in the instructions above.
- If using unsalted butter, add in ¼ tsp. salt during step 2.
- Storage instructions:Store cooled cookies in an airtight container or cookie jar for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 9.8 g
- Sodium: 83.7 mg
- Fat: 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 17.9 mg
Keywords: Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
Oh yum! These cookies look absolutely amazing. I love that texture from the addition of the almond flour.
Oh boy do these look marvelous! Really happy they are made with almond flour.
Fabulous cookies and so easy to make. Exactly what I prefer when it comes to cookie recipes.
I Just whipped up a batch of these cookies and they are to die for! So good!
I can't wait to try this recipe out. It will be my first time making cookies with almond flour, and I'm eager to see what my family thinks. Thanks for sharing!
Hi! I haven't tested this recipe with plant based butter but it would be worth a try 🙂 Sandra
The almond flour adds a nice flavour and texture in these delicious cookies!